Due to long winter vacations in many Universities across Pakistan. We have decided to extend the Imagine Cup Round 1 deadline till Friday 10th of February, 2012.
ABOUT IMAGINE CUP:
Microsoft Imagine Cup is the world’s premier student technology competition. It encourages students around the globe to imagine a better world in which people are empowered by technology.
Last year, more than 2,000 students from Pakistan registered in this competition and team V3C from FAST - National University of Computer and Emerging Sciences, Islamabad and team The Pioneers from Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS) represented Pakistan in the Imagine Cup worldwide finals held in New York City, USA. This year, the Imagine Cup 2012 – Worldwide finals will be held in Australia.
HOW TO COMPETE:
1. Visit www.ImagineCup.com today and register yourself.
2. Go through the competition categories, rules and other necessary details.
3. For software design, start brainstorming and email one pager document containing your project idea along with the team details at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com and upload your submit the same at Imagine Cup Pakistan Software Design site.
Round 1 –one page document describing the idea along with team details
10th of February, 2012
Round 2 – Tools and Technology Used
20th of February, 2012
Round 3 – Detailed Project Report and Interuniversity Competition (Presentation + Demo)
15th of March, 2012
Round 4 – Regional Finals (Presentation + Demo)
Round 5 – Pakistan Finals (Presentation + Demo)
For further details visit Imagine Cup Pakistan Software Design or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
IMAGINE CUP 2012 - THEME:
The United Nations has identified some of the hardest challenges in the world today in its Millennium Development Goals — ranging from reducing poverty and halting the spread of HIV/AIDS to providing universal primary education. The Imagine Cup is calling on young programmers, designers and technologists to rise up to this challenge and use these Development Goals as their inspiration to think and develop solutions to solve the world’s toughest problems.
Eradicate extreme hunger and poverty
Improve maternal health
Achieve universal primary education
Combat HIV/AIDS, malaria and other diseases
Promote gender equality and empower women
Ensure environmental sustainability
Reduce child mortality
Develop a global partnership for development
Looking forward to see your passionate participation in Imagine Cup 2012.
* Imagine Cup Pakistan – Round 1 date extended to Friday 10th of February, 2012 * About Imagine Cup 2012 <Click Here>
* Imagine Cup Pakistan Software Design page is live. <Click Here>
© 2012 Microsoft Corporation. All Rights Reserved.