Now you can download all MSDN documentations OFFLINE on your machine so that you can browse/search them easily without having to be online all the time.
It’s a very useful tool that offers you all the documentation needed in one place whether it’s for Windows Phone development, Windows Store App Development, even Kinect for Windows SDK, and many others. Here you are a step-by-step tutorial on how make use of this amazing feature.
1. Open Visual Studio 2012
2. Go to Help -> Set Help Preference -> Launch in Help Viewer
3. In the 1st time, Microsoft Help Viewer 2.0 should run automatically; if it didn’t, just press F1 or Ctrl+F1 to run it. Help Viewer will be launched,
4. Click on Manage Content to load tab that will allow management of MSDN documentation/resources (may take a few seconds for the list to be filled) for your preferred topic(s) to be referenced offline.
5. After configuring all that are required press Update to have them installed on your machine locally (Offline). (If you are promoted to authorize the program to make certain changes in operating system press Yes)
A bar will list download progress.
6. Once it finishes, chosen items will be listed in the Help Viewer left pane for browsing or searching purposes even when you are offline :)