West Region Team
The “New Project” dialog box in Visual Studio provides an option to easily access samples as seen in the following screen capture:
Upon selecting a sample, you will get the following dialog box with standard disclaimers:
After clicking the “Install” button, the sample you selected will be loaded into solution explorer. A description page (downloaded as a solution item) will be displayed as seen here:
The sample is ready to go! You can poke around (code is pampered with comments) or run it immediately.
The main message here is this – before you go searching the web all over for that “how to” sample, you might be pleasantly surprised to see it is already available via Visual Studio 2012!
The release of Windows 8 is on the horizon, and soon millions of people will be looking for Windows 8 apps. Now’s the time to make sure your app is ready for them.
Begin your 30-day journey to create a great Windows 8 Metro style app. Get started at www.generationapp.com and receive:
· Insider tips and tricks on Windows 8 application development.
· Personal on-the-phone access to a Windows 8 architect*.
· An exclusive one-on-one Metro style design consultation*.
· An opportunity to get expert help from a Microsoft Services Engineer at an App Excellence Lab.
Your new Windows 8 app could be mere days away.
* Offer good only to legal residents in the 50 United States & D.C., age 18 or older to hobbyists, professionals or developers in the field of software tech who sign up for building a Windows 8 application on www.generationapp.com. Offer limited to 250 design consultations per month and 500 technical review consultations per month, on a first come first served basis. Limit of one session of each offer type per person. This offer is non-transferable and cannot be combined with any other offer. This offer ends when supplies are exhausted, and is not redeemable for cash.
To play video, hover above and press play button.
Abstract: Developer Evangelist, Michael Palermo kicks off his new series today where he shows us how we can develop for Windows 8 in under 4 minutes or less. Today’s topic? How to get started developing your Windows 8 app by downloading and using Visual Studio Express.
Next Steps: Step #1 – Download Windows 8 Release Preview and Windows 8 SDKStep #2 – Download Visual Studio Express for Windows 8Step #3 – Start building your own Metro Style Apps for Windows 8
If you're interested in learning more about the products or solutions discussed in this episode, click on any of the below links for free, in-depth information:
Blogs & Articles:
What happens when you get the brainpower behind Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft IE together? You get something very FoxIE! I value this type of discussion going on at this new series on debuting on Channel 9. If you have anything to do with web development, you should pay a visit!