Windows HPC Server 2008 Technical OverviewLearn more about Windows HPC Server 2008, which provides a comprehensive platform built on Windows Server 2008. Windows HPC Server 2008 unites the power of commodity x64-based computers, the security of Active Directory, and the Windows Server 2008 operating system to provide an affordable, easy-to-use, and scalable HPC solution.
Dual Boot Solution with Microsoft’s HPC Solution and X-ISS’ Rocks Cluster DistributionThis white paper describes the installation and configuration of a high-performance computing (HPC) cluster for a dual boot of using Microsoft’s HPC solution and X-ISS’ Rocks Cluster Distribution, an open source Linux distribution intended for HPC clusters.
Manycore and High Performance Computing SystemsToday, you can deploy multi-core HPC systems to increase scale and ease of use, expanding beyond computing with Web services and high-speed networking and clustered storage support. Microsoft’s Parallel Computing Initiative includes the vision for common productivity and development tools between manycore systems and HPC systems to further scale the utility of HPC.
HPC Technology Tab (under Extend and Optimize – the section does not have a direct hyperlink)
Analytics, Data and the Time for High Performance Computing in Financial MarketsDescribes the current drivers behind the need for greater data analytical power within financial markets, the business and technical challenges these drivers imply and how the Microsoft High Performance Computing (HPC) platform can move financial institutions closer to goal of real-time pricing, trading and risk management across asset classes.
Using CIFS as a Global File System for HPC ClustersThe Common Internet File System (CIFS) can provide a low-cost, high-performance global file system for small and mid-sized high-performance computing (HPC) clusters. This white paper presents data gathered at the University of Toronto on a 61-node HPC cluster running Windows® Compute Cluster Server (WCCS) 2003, which demonstrated that a Windows® operating system–based storage solution can provide sustained data transfer rates in excess of 100 MB/sec per server.
· No1 FX Gets New Grid SolutionCorporate Modeling News (December 4, 2007 )
· Microsoft and HPC: Driving High Productivity in a Competitive WorldTechNet Radio (December 4, 2007)
· Microsoft Unveils Windows HPC Server 2008Common set of HPC productivity tools across desktop and clusters, including new Parallel Computing Initiative for multi-core development.
· Presagis to Drive High Performance Integration for Modeling and Simulation IndustryPresagis Press Release (November 14, 2007)
· Panasas Extends High-Performance Parallel Storage to Windows HPC CustomersPanasas Press Release (November 14, 2007)
· Mellanox InfiniBand Delivers New Levels of Performance for Windows HPC Server 2008 Based ClustersMellanox Press Release (November 13, 2007)
· Scalable Servers Corporation announces the flexBLADE™ Computing PlatformScalable Servers Corporation Press Release (November 13, 2007)
· HPC Basic Profile Specification Integrated Into Commercial Product ReleasesOpen Grid Forum (November 13, 2007)