Automating the world one-liner at a time…
Attached are the demos and slides from the PDC sessions SVR12 and SVR 13 today. Here are the steps you need to do before you can run them
1. Unzip the files and run setup\setup.ps1. This will configure user accounts and initialize some files required
2. Change computers.dat in service\roles\. Set it to the computers that you want to connect to
3. Edit Impersonation\Get-DelegationCredential.ps1 under each folder - Inventory, Service and Employee (Please Note: This script is intended only for demo purposes and is not recommended to be copied for production
4. Set the paths in app.xaml.cs in each of the visual studio projects - EasyGUI and RemoteUI
Once the above are done then you are all set. Play around with them and have fun !!!
Narayanan Lakshmanan [MSFT] DeveloperVisit the Windows PowerShell Team blog at: http://blogs.msdn.com/PowerShell Visit the Windows PowerShell ScriptCenter at: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/hubs/msh.mspx
can you post the slides as well?
With the demos alone, it is kinda hard to understand what you are doing. Thx!
Tobias, I think these are the demos from the slides he posted on the 12th.
I enjoyed the presentations at the PDC. I still have a bunch of questions about the Administrative GUI talk:
1) Shouldn't the GUI also be written in PowerShell instead of C#?
2) What tools are you guys using to write PowerShell scripts that have more than 100 lines of code?
3) I went to the VS2010 Languages boot at the PDC and asked whether they have any plans supporting PowerShell as language in VS. They didn't, but the guy there showed me that VS2010 has support for F# Script. I have never heared of it and honestly I don't care for it either. If there is F# script in VS, then it should be more than possible to have PowerShell in VS as well.
Thanks again for the interesting talks,
Likely the slides and videos will be posted soon.
When I ran setup\setup.ps1 there were errors
When I ran Logon Demo it crashed
EventType : clr20r3 P1 : logondemo.exe P2 : 184.108.40.206 P3 : 4b03cac0
P4 : presentationframework P5 : 220.127.116.11 P6 : 4938d608 P7 : 625a
P8 : e1 P9 : system.windows.markup.xamlparse
Can we have some more useful instructions please. Some that make sense
I get the following error when I tried to run setup.ps1
Cannot bind argument to parameter 'Path' because it is null.
At :line:1 char:25
+ $scriptpath = (Split-Path <<<< $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Path)