Register today to attend this special event!!
Microsoft Innovation and Technology Center12012 Sunset Hills Parkway Reston, VA 20190
Date & Time
May 22, 2008 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM EST
Registration Information Click here
About the Conference
Join us for a day of developer-oriented technical sessions featuring Microsoft® ESP™. Microsoft® ESP™ is a visual simulation platform that brings immersive games-based technology to training and learning, decision support, and research and development modeling for government and commercial organizations. Come and learn how this all-in-one simulation platform of Microsoft ESP consisting of a simulation engine, development tools and rich content can help you quickly build affordable, extensible, high quality simulation solutions that can tie in with external solutions and integrate with industry standard input/output devices and database-driven content. You will also learn about the Microsoft ESP SDK that consists of four primary systems, some of which contain their own additional SDKs for specific topics:
The sessions will allow you to:
· Experience the development of richer solutions more quickly and focus on content that's specific to your solution by starting from the rich base world content that comes with ESP.
· Design using the platform's model of planet Earth, built-in physics engine, numerous aircraft types, scenery and terrain, and a fully-configurable weather system.
· Achieve "you are there" realism with highly-detailed terrain and seascapes in all seasons, active wildlife, real-world motion, realistic night skies, continuous time of day, accurate vector data and buildings, 5.1 multi-channel surround sound, and much more.
These sessions will target Developers, Architects, technical managers and Web designers, be very much demonstration oriented, and will be delivered by seasoned developers with experience in Government and Public Sector. Seize this opportunity to immerse yourself in this exciting new technology!
Who Should Attend
Developers, Architects, Web Designers and technical managers who wish to get an early look at the next advancement in Software Development.
09:00 – 9:45
Introduction to ESP
9:45 - 10:30
ESP SDK Overview
10:45 – 12:15
Presentation: Changing the world – Part 1
· Terrain System
o Data sources / formats
o Runtime processing overview
o Autogen overview & customization
o Using Terrain SDK to modify / extend the default terrain
Building Custom Missions
12:15 – 13:00
Presentation: Changing the world – Part 2
· Aircraft Models
o Exterior modeling
o Interior modeling
o Aircraft configuration
· Panels & Gauges
o Creating panel & gauge art
o Creating XML gauges
o Creating C gauges
15:15 – 16:30
Presentation: Connecting the world
· Creating Add-on Components with SimConnect
o SimConnect API overview
o Simulation variables and events
o Out-of-process vs. in-process add-ons
· Developer resources & contacts
· Q & A