These are a set of developer tools designed to complement Visual Studio Tools for Office. These tools provide additional functionality useful in Office-based development. They include Visual Studio add-ins as well as standalone Windows Forms and console applications. The VSTO Power Tools also include a set of re-usable class libraries to simplify Office development.
The 9 tools are packaged in 3 groups (due to three different EULAs), plus an overview document:
- VSTO_PTRibbonIDs.exe installs the Ribbon IDs Tool Window. - VSTO_PTExtLibs.exe installs the Office Interop API Extensions and Custom UI Manager. - VSTO_PT.exe installs all other power tools. - VSTOA Power Tools.docx – overview document.
- VSTO_PTRibbonIDs.exe installs the Ribbon IDs Tool Window.
- VSTO_PTExtLibs.exe installs the Office Interop API Extensions and Custom UI Manager.
- VSTO_PT.exe installs all other power tools.
- VSTOA Power Tools.docx – overview document.
Office Custom UI Manager
A set of classes for coordinating multiple instances of Ribbon, custom task pane and custom form region.
Office Interop API Extensions
A set of C# classes for handling parameterized properties, optional/named parameters, and for LINQ-enabling Office collection objects.
Open XML Package Editor
A graphical treeview-based editor for examining and editing Open XML Package files (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents).
Ribbon IDs ToolWindow
A custom tool window that displays all re-usable built-in Office Ribbon IDs.
SharePoint Feature Sweeper
A GUI tool that cleans up unwanted SharePoint features from the target server.
SharePoint Workflow Package Generator
A build tool to package a SharePoint workflow project so that the developer can hand the workflow to the admin for deployment.
VSTO/VSTA Pipeline Verifier
A GUI tool that reflects over custom pipeline assemblies to validate the complete VSTA pipeline.
VSTO Developer Cleaner
A GUI tool that cleans up the developer's machine from leftover build artifacts in the registry and certificate store.
A diagnostic tool that examines a machine for the necessary pre-requisites for running VSTO solutions.
Here’s the download page: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=46B6BF86-E35D-4870-B214-4D7B72B02BF9&displaylang=en