Visual Studio Team Suite 2005 July CTP and Visual Studio Team Foundation 2005 July CTP were released yesterday on MSDN. For those with an MSDN subscription, please try it out and let us know if you have any comments, suggestions, or find any bugs.
Here are some known issues with the CTP drop:
1) Installing on Win2k3 gold will fail until you install MSI 3.1
2) The July CTP of Visual Studio 2005 is not compatible with the SQL Server 2005 June CTP and can only be used to target the included Express Edition of SQL Server 2005.
3) The July CTP of Visual Studio 2005 Team Foundation Server only supports dual-server installation, and requires that the June CTP of SQL Server 2005 be installed on a separate machine from Team Foundation Server.
4) If you are doing Web Site development and the Web Site is under Source Control in Visual Studio, we do not recommend that you download and install the July CTP. When you open a Web Site that is under source control in Visual Studio, it fails to get registered with Source Control. You will see the following error:"The project '<path>' is under source control. An error occurred registering this project with source control. It is recommended that you do not make any changes to this project.”
That means that although you can still work with the Web Site in Visual Studio, you will not have access to all the source control commands (check in, check out, etc)Workaround: The only way to correct this is to re-bind the project via File->Source Control->Change Source Control; select the Web Site in question and navigate to the path in your Source Control store where the Web Site content is. You will need to repeat this workaround every time you open the Web Site.
5) When you launch the TFC IDE, the splash screen and the Help->About dialog are incorrectly branded as “Visual Studio Standard Edition” .