SharePoint 2010 DevelopmentRandall Isenhour
Last month we took an inventory of all the things Microsoft has been producing for SharePoint developers, and we thought it was a great list to share broadly. Even though I wanted this to be a “Top 10” list, I ended up with 14 items!
1. Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS) SDK and ECM Starter Kithttp://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=6D94E307-67D9-41AC-B2D6-0074D6286FA9&displaylang=en
2. Windows SharePoint Services (WSS) SDK and Workflow Starter Kit http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=05e0dd12-8394-402b-8936-a07fe8afaffd&DisplayLang=en Note The MOSS SDK includes the WSS SDK documentation and a more robust starter kit
3. Visual Studio Extensions for SharePoint Services (November CTP)http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=19F21E5E-B715-4F0C-B959-8C6DCBDC1057&displaylang=en
4. Customizing and Branding Web Content Management-Enabled SharePoint Sites
· Customizing and Branding Web Content Management-Enabled SharePoint Sites (Part 1 of 3): Understanding Web Content Management and the Default Features
· Customizing and Branding Web Content Management-Enabled SharePoint Sites (Part 2 of 3): Extending WCM
· Customizing and Branding Web Content Management-Enabled SharePoint Sites (Part 3 of 3): Creating and Configuring WCM-Enabled Sites
5. MOSS for Content Management Server Developers (Beta)Three papers + an analysis tool:
· SharePoint Server 2007 for MCMS 2002 Developershttp://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms406043.aspx
· Assessing and Analyzing Your MCMS 2002 Application for Migration http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnmscms02/html/CMSAssessAnalyzing2002Application.asp
· Mapping MCMS 2002 APIs to SharePoint Server 2007http://msdn.microsoft.com/office/server/moss/2007/migration/default.aspx?pull=/library/en-us/dnmscms02/html/CMSVersionAPIDiffs.asp
· CMS Assessment Tool http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=360D0E83-FA70-4C24-BCD6-426CAFBCC627&displaylang=en
· Planning MCMS 2002 Application Migration to SharePoint Server 2007http://msdn.microsoft.com/office/server/moss/2007/migration/default.aspx?pull=/library/en-us/dnmscms02/html/CMS2002PlanningForMigration.asp
6. Office Developer Screencasts (applies to all of Office)http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/aa905382.aspx
7. SharePoint Developer Map (also includes InfoPath and 2007 Office System posters)http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=771aeb45-9d27-4d1f-acd1-9b950637d64e&displaylang=en
8. MOSS and WSS Online ClinicsOnline clinics covering SharePoint technology are free for a limited time!!! Check 'em out:
· WSS Development: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/elearning/course/5045.asp
· WSS Infrastructure: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/elearning/course/3369.asp
· MOSS Development: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/elearning/course/5046.asp
· MOSS Infrastructure: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/elearning/course/3370.asp
9. MOSS portal on the Office Developer Centerhttp://msdn.microsoft.com/moss
· Includes the Upgrade and Migration Center for SharePoint Developershttp://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/office/aa905505.aspx
10. SharePoint Developer Centerhttp://msdn.microsoft.com/sharepoint
11. 7 Development Projects for SharePoint – online bookhttp://download.microsoft.com/download/0/2/f/02f0f661-88e1-43c2-b523-88d2e9e6802f/7%20development%20projects%20with%20the%202007%20microsoft%20office%20system%20and%20windows%20sharepoint%20services%202007.pdf
12. MSDN Community ContentMSDN Community Content is a way of providing Wiki-style annotations to core Microsoft documentation. For example, you can add code samples, remarks or “gotchas,” translations, or other comments that enhance or supplement the core MSDN documentation.
· WSS – http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms441339.aspx
· MOSS – http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms550992.aspx
13. F1 Help from Visual Studio Document ExplorerFollow the steps in this blog post to receive F1 Help directly from your code in Microsoft Visual Studio 2005.http://blogs.msdn.com/randalli/archive/2006/07/28/sharepoint-development-tip-getting-context-sensitive-f1-help-directly-from-the-msdn-library.aspx
14. Project SDK DownloadI see a lot of questions about SharePoint integration with Project Server, and the Project SDK is also produced by my team.http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=2672f6f9-7028-4b30-99a2-18cb1eed1abe&DisplayLang=en
We are by no means finished producing content for the 2007 Office System and Windows SharePoint Services 3.0. We are already in the throes of updating the SDKs for a post-RTM release—in addition to writing articles, tools, and other rich media that will be released in the calendar year of 2007.
If you haven’t already seen Erika Ehrli’s blog post about the 2007 Office System Developer resources, check that out, too: http://blogs.msdn.com/erikaehrli/archive/2006/12/01/TopTenOfficeDeveloperResources.aspx
Our SharePoint MVPs are also producing great lists of resources for SharePoint; here are two examples if you haven’t already seen them.
· Andrew Connell – http://andrewconnell.com/blog/articles/MossWcmResources.aspx
· Mark Kruger – http://www.sharepointblogs.com/mkruger/archive/2006/05/25/7570.aspx
And finally, Todd Bleeker’s book, Developer's Guide to the Windows SharePoint Services v3 Platform, is now available for purchase. The ISBN numbers are ISBN-10: 1584505001 and ISBN-13: 978-1584505006; the book is published through Charles River Media and is available from online book retailers. Check out Patrick Tisseghem’s blog for more information about this and more upcoming books for SharePoint.
Download the MOSS SDK or the WSS SDK We have officially made the released versions (we refer to it internally
[cross-posted from Randall Isenhour's blog ] Download the MOSS SDK or the WSS SDK We have officially
Things are a bit crazy at work, so ive had little time to blog recently. Couldnt resist posting this
How's that for posts with the most acronyms? It might be old news to you by now, but MS has finally released
Wow.. you guys outdid yourselves. Great effort for the whole team.
Randalli has posted, on the MSDN SharePoint Content and Resources site, a Top 10 list of the resources...
En fait, il y en a plus de 10 mais cela résume bien ce que tout bon développeur SharePoint devrait toujours
Thanks Eric for pointing this one out: With the recent launch of 2007 Office System, it's always
More resources with faceted navigation
hi! i am new to sharepoint. i haven't used it. can you give me a site so that i could read on about sharepoint? i am really a newbie here. thanks!
Innovazioni di Windows Sharepoint Services v3 Introduzione Questo post è il secondo di 3 articoli che
Le Innovazioni di MOSS 2007 Abstract Questo è il terzo post di una serie che si propone di analizzare
Previously I posted about Andrew Connell's fantastic list of resources. Well, a colleague of mine Andrew
The following URL provides information about essentials resources for sharepoint developers. http://blogs.msdn.com/randalli/archive/2007/01/08/10-essential-resources-for-sharepoint-developers.aspx Regards, JG Vimalan