Yesterday, we released brand new versions of MSF for Agile Software Development and MSF for CMMI Process Improvement. These new versions create the first commercial agile and CMMI-based software development processes with support for database unit tests and refactoring. The release of these processes coincided with the release of our tooling support for these practices, Visual Studio Team Edition for Database Professionals. These new versions also contain several bug fixes and clarifications.
If you are using the Visual Studio Team Foundation Server, here are the instructions to update the MSF versions.
If you want to view the guidance
1. Download and extract the contents of the zip file to your local machine. (select Use folder names).
2. In the extracted files, review the Readme.
3. To view the content, open \Process Guidance\ProcessGuidance.html.
If you want to update the guidance in a process template
1. Download and extract the contents of the zip file to your local machine.
2. If required, customize process guidance using instructions available at http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa730855(VS.80).aspx.
3. Download the process template you want to update guidance on from your TFS server to your local machine.
4. Replace “Windows SharePoint Services” folder in the process template you downloaded from TFS with the one you obtained from the web download.
5. Upload the updated process template back to TFS.
6. When you create a new project using this updated process template, the portal will show the updated guidance.
If you want to replace the guidance already on the SharePoint server
2. Go to the home page of your project portal.
3. Click Documents and Lists, and then "Document Libraries" in the left menu.
4. Replace all files and folders in the following Document Libraries on SharePoint site from their corresponding folders under "Windows SharePoint Services" folder in the process guidance you downloaded.
1. Project Management
5. For the "Process Guidance" Document Library, replace the following files and folders with the new content
1. Folder – Supporting Files along with all the subfolders and files