I am working with engineering to put together a free day of developer training in Boston on August 13th in conjunction with the XML Web Services One Tradeshow. Register for the Microsoft Technical Briefing Day to learn about XML and Web services development on the Microsoft platform from key Microsoft engineers including Yasser Shohoud, Scott Shortt, and Don Box. During the technical briefing, we will provide insight into some of the awesome new technology in coming down the pipe in Whidbey.
All sessions will include code and demos. Attendees will leave with a CD that includes hands on labs that will guide them through the development of building advanced Web services.
- Introduction to Web Services on the .NET Platform (Yasser Shohoud)
Introduction to .asmx (serialization versus XML Reader / Writer) and Web Services Enhancements SOAP Messaging
- Implementing Secure Web Services (Scott Short)
Leverage Web Services Enhancements to build secure Web services. Learn how policies provide the necessary meta-data to secure Web services without writing code.
- New XML Tools for Visual Studio .NET
- New features in the upcoming release of the .NET Framework (codename Whidbey)
- Get an opportunity to ask all the questions you have been dying to ask like, "What is .NET?" in an open discussion with the speakers.
The Technical Briefing day is followed by a Keynote from Don Box and an INETA User's Group. You will need to register for the full conference to hear Don give one of his hotest Keynotes to date.