The crowd loved it! The debut of “It’s All About The Tools – Episode 1” took place in Miami at the Miami .NET User group last week! Special Thanks to co-presenter MVP, Stan Schultes for co-developing this session and to Max and Alex for setting this session up! As promised, here are the links to all of the resources below! Enjoy! I can’t wait to start on Episode 2.
Do you have a favorite tool? If so, and you want to share some information on it, please send an email to Russ Fustino at email@example.com with “Tools” in the subject and include the following:
1. What is it? (i.e., Windows Live Web Services enable developers, designers, and enthusiasts to quickly create compelling web and desktop applications)
2. Exact Download Site URL : (i.e, http://dev.live.com )
3. Example Problem(s) it solves: (i.e., Add Search, Mapping, and rich media (Silverlight) to your apps and websites. Integrate blog, photo and contact management into your apps. )
4. Installation Notes: (i.e., Live Services are a set of web services, SDKs, samples and documentation that help you get up and running quickly).
5. Usage Notes: (i.e. requires Live ID authentication.)
6. A demo script would be a bonus (and we will give you full credit if we decide to use it in a future episode).
Link to Power Point - http://www.vbnetexpert.com/VisualStudioDev/VSDownloads/tabid/139/Default.aspx
Fiddler – HTTP proxy for message debugging
IE Developer Toolbar – web page debugger tool
Visual Studio IDE Tools – add-ins
Refactor! 2005: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/vbasic/ms789083.aspx
Refactor! 2008: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/vbasic/bb693327.aspx
Visual Web Developer Express
Visual Studio 2008 Express Editions Beta 2 Available for Download
Web Application Stress Tool
LINQ to SQL Debugger Visualizer
Pack Installer (wicked cool)