This talk isn't flowing at all like Tim's was, so I'll just bullet some of the main talking points and comment at the end:
- Hardware glut continues, software bloat not keeping up with hardware;
- Trends that are unfolding- wireless, weblogs, digital photography, cell phones, etc. etc. etc.;
- Digital photography is "the best thing there is going on";
- Wireless, or "free lunch networks", are popping up all over and enabling people to easily access the web (see http://wifimaps.com);
- Spam is a big problem (ed. note: really???);
-Weblogs are growing, lots of systems, RSS is interesting but confusing, lots of different blogging styles;
- Cell phones blurb.
The talk was disjointed and had an extemporaneous feel to it. It was also funny for the most part. The talk was a lot like John's writing style. Someone referred to John as the "Andy Rooney of technology". I agree.