This new series on the Windows Phone Developer Blog offers tips with step-by-step advice on common issues that can surface when developing a Windows Phone 7 application. Compiled by the Windows Phone Design team, the series tackles ten key areas with information that can help you avoid design pitfalls and strengthen your application. With the Windows Phone 7 platform increasing in popularity every day, the number of applications is growing rapidly. These tips can help you make your application function even better, so it will stand out well when you submit it to the Windows Phone Marketplace. Although some issues are quickly fixed, others are a bit challenging. However, the detailed explanations and illustrations are easy to follow. The series kicks off with a look at how to make your start tiles and splash screens great—so your application makes a good first impression.
The other 9 tips covered in the series are:
1. Make sure your buttons are visible even when the keyboard is displayed.
2. Manage themes on WP7. Build your application to respect system color changes.
3. Make sure your finger can hit the target and text is legible.
4. Give feedback on touch and progress within your UI.
5. Be very careful when embedding web content.
6. Place your buttons well... Flying buttons, home buttons, and back buttons... Oh my!
7. Right layout alignment and information hierarchy are key.
8. Use our common controls, and use them right.
9. Understand Pivots and Panoramic views.
Get all 10 tips, and check out the blog weekly for new postings.