So a lot of my customers and partners have been asking me about numbers around SQL Server, so I thought of getting this quick blog post up to show you an aggregate view of some of those articles – Thanks to Mark and Sunny for helping me out with it.
1. Gartner Research - Magic Quadrant for Business Intelligence Platforms
This is a timely research from Gartner – with all the BI interest around SQL Server 2008 and 2008 R2 among our customers and partner, this research re-emphasizes the confidence that our customers and partners have on SQL Server
2. Forrester Research - SQL Server 2008 Ups Pressure On Competitors; Microsoft Boosts Manageability, BI, Performance, Productivity, and Security For the majority of mission-critical applications today, SQL Server 2008 already has the strongest combination of price/performance, manageability, security, and DBA productivity. The latest version of SQL Server from Microsoft SQL Server 2008 offers hundreds of new DBMS features that boost the productivity of database administrators (DBAs) and developers, improve support for larger databases, and enhance security.
3. Forrester Research - The Forrester Wave: Enterprise Database Management Systems, Q2 2009 This Forrester Wave assesses more than a dozen firms based primarily on their enterprise open source and closed source database management systems. Forrester named Microsoft a ‘leader’ in the DBMS Wave and states that Microsoft is “The most aggressive DBMS vendor with a strong road map.” In this Wave, Forrester categorizes Leaders as offering “broad set of functionality to support any critical transactional application.”
4. Forrester Research - New Independent Study Finds 162% Risk-Adjusted ROI for SQL Server 2008 Deployment in Total Economic Impact™ of SQL Server 2008 Upgrade study.
5. IDC - SQL Server is the fastest growing Database and Business Intelligence vendor.
6. IDC - SQL Server ships more units than Oracle and IBM combined.
7. Gartner Research - Magic Quadrant for Data Warehouse Database Management Systems
Lastly, this is a good place if you are looking for more news and reports!