Mount-SPContentDatabase Errors on 2nd and subsequent attempts of same database

Mount-SPContentDatabase Errors on 2nd and subsequent attempts of same database

Rate This
  • Comments 2

A colleague recently ran into an issue when trying to test upgrade some content via the content DB approach. On the second attempt of attaching the same content db (after detaching it, deleting it from SQL, and copying in a new copy) they saw the following errors. I did some browsing around the web and this seems to be a common issue. I did some more digging internally and found this is somewhat of a known issue. This can happen is you leave a Powershell window open for a long time. The Powershell snap in can cache data. The work around for this is to use STSADM, or to close your existing Powershell window, and open a new one.

 

[powershell] [SPUpgradeSession] [ERROR] [6/24/2011 11:50:41 AM]: CanUpgrade [SPSite Url=http://SERVERNAME/sites/migration] failed.
[powershell] [SPUpgradeSession] [ERROR] [6/24/2011 11:50:41 AM]: Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
[powershell] [SPUpgradeSession] [ERROR] [6/24/2011 11:50:41 AM]:    at Microsoft.SharePoint.Upgrade.SPSiteSequence.get_CanUpgrade()
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Upgrade.SPUpgradeSession.CanUpgrade(Object o)

Log Name:      Application
Source:        Microsoft-SharePoint Products-SharePoint Foundation
Date:          6/24/2011 11:50 :47 AM
Event ID:      5586
Task Category: Database
Level:         Error
Keywords:     
User:          Removed
Computer:      Removed
Description:
Unknown SQL Exception 547 occurred. Additional error information from SQL Server is included below.

The DELETE statement conflicted with the REFERENCE constraint "FK_Dependencies1_Objects". The conflict occurred in database "SharePoint_2010_Config", table "dbo.Dependencies", column 'ObjectId'.
The statement has bee n terminated.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-SharePoint Products-SharePoint Foundation" Guid="{6FB7E0CD-52E7-47DD-997A-241563931FC2}" />
    <EventID>5586</EventID>
    <Version>14</Version>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>3</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x4000000000000000</Keywords>
   <TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-06-24T15:50:47.620697800Z" />
    <EventRecordID>56031</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation ActivityID="{87AA24FC-37AF-4F82-8506-F6E34CA1041C}" />
    <Execution ProcessID="2080" ThreadID="6044" />
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>Removed</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-21-1303012633-647589470-15341765-80944" />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data Name="int0">547</Data>
    <Data Name="string1">The DELETE statement conflicted with the REFERENCE constraint "FK_Dependencies1_Objects". The conflict occurred in database "SharePoint_2010_Config", table "dbo.Dependencies", column 'ObjectId'.
The statement has been terminated.</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Log Name:      Application
Source:        Microsoft-SharePoint Products-SharePoint Foundation
Date:          6/24/2011 11:50:13 AM
Event ID:      5617
Task Category: Topology
Level:         Error
Keywords:     
User:          Removed
Computer:      Removed
Description:
There is a compatibility range mismatch between the Web server and database "wss_content_database", and connections to the data have been blocked to due to this incompatibility. This can happen when a content database has not been upgraded to be within the compatibility range of the Web server, or if the database has been upgraded to a higher level than the web server. The Web server and the database must be upgraded to the same version and build level to return to compatibility range.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="< a href="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-SharePoint Products-SharePoint Foundation" Guid="{6FB7E0CD-52E7-47DD-997A-241563931FC2}" />
    <EventID>5617</EventID>
    <Version>14</Version>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>13</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x4000000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-06-24T15:50:13.380700800Z&quo t; />
    <EventRecordID>56030</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation ActivityID="{4BE0BDD8-909B-4078-A9E8-C3BB01D564B0}" />
    <Execution ProcessID="5384" ThreadID="5200" />
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>removed</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-21-25699195-1493006860-122644288-520813" />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data Name="string0">There is a compatibility range mismatch between the Web server and database "wss_content_database", and connecti ons to the data have been blocked to due to this incompatibility. This can happen when a content database has not been upgraded to be within the compatibility range of the Web server, or if the database has been upgraded to a higher level than the web server. The Web server and the database must be upgraded to the same version and build level to return to compatibility range.</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Leave a Comment
  • Please add 1 and 1 and type the answer here:
  • Post
  • Thank you for this.  I was having this exact same issue today and this saved me.

  • Thank you. You saved me from pulling my hair out.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)