If you are trying to run ODBC trace and do not see data being collected or log file being generated. Try following steps.
1. From your registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ODBC\ODBC.ini\ODBC make sure that the value for entry Trace is 1.
2. Re-Start your computer.
3. After your computer re-starts, Launch the application against which you want to collect ODBC logs and execute the activity to be logged.
4. Go to ODBC Administrator from Start ->Run -> odbcad32.
5. Go to “Tracing” tab and Click “Stop Tracing Now”
6. Go to Log file path and view the logs. You should have some information being logged now.
Note: If your operating system is 64 bit and application is 32 bit, The application would use 32-bit version of ODBC driver. You could manage 32-bit ODBC trace from c:\windows\syswow32\system32\odbcad32.exe on 64 bit Operating System.