Application Integration Framework (AIF) enables companies to integrate
Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 and communicate with external business
processes and partners through the exchange of XML over various transport media. AIF enables both business-to-business and application-to-application integration scenarios.
Click here for screen-cast.
Following enhancements are new in AX 2009.
· Create, read, update, and delete (CRUD) operations are now supported.
· The programming model for AIF supports document services that encapsulate business logic and are the interface to external systems.
· AIF provides functionality for consuming external Web services from within X++.
· Performance improvements include the ability to scale up and handle more messages through parallel message processing and the addition of multiple AOSs.
· New document services for additional commonly-used documents.
· Microsoft Releases Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009, June, 2008
· MSDN: AIF Overview
· MSDN: What's New in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 for Developers
· TechNet: What's new in Application Integration Framework (AIF)
· TechNet: Configuring and managing AIF
· Channel9: WCF and AIF in Dynamics 2009: Chatting with Michael Merz, PM for AIF (Video Interview by Ben Riga)
· Microsoft Dynamics AX receives placement in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant
· Download Pre-Sales Demonstration Toolkit For Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 - Refresh 1 (Need PartnerSource Access)
ISV Architect Evangelist