Let the first ever BizTalk Server Developer Competition commence. We are giving away cash prizes totalling $25,000 USD including a huge $15,000 USD first prize. The purpose of the BizTalk Server 2004 developer competition is to highlight and reward programming excellence using BizTalk Server 2004 and Visual Studio .NET. This is a skill based competition but also includes special prize categories for developers new to BizTalk Server 2004 and Visual Studio .NET.
Everybody who wants to participate must read the complete competition details here.
Valid entries in this competition include:
· The creation of a sample demonstrating key product functionality not already included in the BizTalk Server 2004 SDK.
· The creation of an adapter not already supplied by Microsoft or adapter vendors such as IWay.
· The implementation of a generic pattern (for example request/response) on the BizTalk Server 2004 platform.
The entry must:
· Use the BizTalk Server 2004 RTM platform
· Contain code written in C# or VB
· Have an automated setup script; or where manual steps are required be capable of manual installation in less than 5 minutes.
· Be documented in English using a similar format as the samples contained in the SDK section of the BizTalk Server help file
· Contestants must agree to having their entry posted on http://www.gotdotnet.com where it may be downloaded and used by other customers for no charge
All entries must be received by 02:00 AM PT on August 31st. The contest commences on March 2nd, 2004, and the final date for submissions is August 31st, 2004. All valid entries will be posted on gotdotnet.com. Prize winners will be announced on September 15, 2004 at http://msdn.microsoft.com/biztalk.
This trade promotion is open only to those who practice in the field of technology development. All entry information is collected in the United States. Residents of the following countries are ineligible to participate: Cuba; Iran; Iraq; Libya; North Korea; Sudan; Syria; Italy and Holland (due to gaming laws).
How cool is that?