This is the latest in “Troubleshooting the Data Warehouse” series. The goal of this series is to not only help you troubleshoot specific issues you may be experiencing but also teach you more about the data warehouse. For a complete list of posts in the series, check out Troubleshooting the Data Warehouse: An overview.
After importing your management pack which defines some dimensions and/or fact tables to Service Manager, MPSync job has run several times but you still don’t see your dimension and/or fact tables in the DataMart.
The troubleshooting steps
To troubleshoot this issue, investigate the following things in order.
1. Ensure your management pack is sealed
MPSync Job can only bring sealed management pack from Service Manager to Data Warehouse. If you haven’t sealed your management pack, the simple solution is to seal it and then import it to Service Manager.
2. Ensure your management pack has synced to Data Warehouse
· Open the Console
· Click on the Data Warehouse wunderbar
· Click on Management Packs then find your management pack in the list of management packs. To do this, use the search feature (type your management pack name in the search box).
If you don’t see your management pack,
· It might have failed to import to Data Warehouse Management Server. Go to the Data Warehouse Management Server, open the Operations Manager event log and then filter the events with Event Sources as OpsMgr SDK Service.
· The MPSync job may not have run yet. It runs on a recurring schedule, out of the box it runs every hour. You can modify the schedule with Powershell. In order to speed up the management pack synchronization, after import your management pack, you can manually resume MPSync job either from UI or powershell.
3. Check the deployment status of your management pack
If the management pack is sealed and has synced to Data Warehouse
· Check the deployment status (last column) of your management pack.
4. If the deployment status is Failed
Go to the Data Warehouse Management Server, open the Operations Manager event log and then filter the events with Event Sources as Deployment.
If there is error message, usually the error message will indicate what went wrong. If after correct the management pack, the error still occurs. In order not to affect the overall system, you can uninstall this management pack from Service manager Console, Administration > Management Packs. After MPSync job run, the management pack will be uninstalled from Data Warehouse Management Server.