Windows 7, the newest operating system from Microsoft, simplifies computer security, making it easier for you to reduce the risk of viruses, spyware, and other malware. In addition, the improved backup solution helps keep information safe on your computer and in the cloud.
Read about the new and improved safety, security, and privacy features in Windows 7.
· Backup and Restore – The Microsoft backup system is improved for Windows 7 and creates copies of your most important personal files, so you're always prepared for the worst.
· BitLocker - Improved for Windows 7 and available in the Ultimate edition, BitLocker Drive Encryption encrypts your Windows hard disk drive to help keep documents, passwords, and other important data safe. Once you turn on BitLocker, any file you save on that drive is encrypted automatically.
· Parental Controls - In Windows 7, Parental Controls help you limit how much computer time children have, in addition to which programs and games they can use and when they can use them.
· Windows Defender – Included in Windows 7, this program is your first line of defense against spyware and other unwanted software.
· Windows Firewall - Windows Firewall can help protect your PC from hackers and malicious software. In Windows 7, it's powerful and more flexible and easier to use than before.
Want the latest news on Windows 7? Read the Windows 7 Blog.