The Security Development Lifecycle (SDL) establishes security and privacy throughout the Microsoft development process. SDL has proven to be effective in making flagship Microsoft products more resilient to security and privacy threats and to better protect Microsoft customers from malicious and costly attacks.
For more information on SDL see:
· Learn about the SDL process
· Get SDL training resources
· Read about the history of the SDL at Microsoft
· Find out how to reduce the total cost of development with SDL
· SDL: Frequently asked questions