Microsoft releases security updates on the second Tuesday of
every month. Today Microsoft released of 12 security updates.
Get the updates.
monthly security updates video hosted by Jerry
Bryant and Jonathan Ness.
RE: update MS11-003 (Cumulative Update for IE)
Microsoft "recommends" that users who had applied FixIt #50591 should UNdo that FixIt, by running #50592, before installing MS11-003.
For people who didn't do so --- either because they didn't realize it (at all, or in time), or because they were set for AUTOMATIC updates --- and now find they have MS11-003 installed withOUT having UNdone the FixIt --- HOW should they proceed at this point??
1) do nothing now --- it's too late to go back, and it's safe as-is.
2) run 50592 now (even after installing MS11-003) [and stop there].
3) run 50592 now, and then RE-download/RE-install MS11-003
4) remove the MS11-003 update (System Restore??), run 50592, and then RE-download/RE-install MS11-003
5) something else completely.
I am aiming for definitive answers (citing authoritative sources) rather than mere "speculation", if at all possible