Microsoft SharePoint Developer Documentation Team Blog The Official Blog of the SharePoint Developer Documentation Team
Welcome to the official blog of the SharePoint Products and Technologies developer documentation team. My name is Andrew May; I’m a Content Publishing Manager for Windows SharePoint Services. My team produces the Windows SharePoint Services SDK, along with the developer help for SharePoint Designer. We also manage the Windows SharePoint Services and SharePoint Designer developer portals. My cohort, Randall Isenhour, manages the team responsible for the Office SharePoint Server and Project SDKs, along with the Office SharePoint Server and Project developer portals.
We created this blog in order to be able to:
· Present “draft” versions of SDK content before it’s available in the SDKs themselves. These drafts are tech-reviewed content that will end up in the SDKS; this is just our way of getting the information out to you as quick as we can.
· Promote content that we publish on MSDN. This includes giving you the latest news on new technical articles, SDK updates, code samples or tools downloads, and anything else new and noteworthy we think you’ll want to take a look at.
· Blog about the developer documentation we produce, and why. Ever wonder why we document what we do, in the way we do? In future posts we’ll explore the decisions we make when planning SharePoint developer documentation, and the data we base those decisions on.
· Engage with users, and find out just how developers are using (or would like to use) the documentation we produce.
· Experiment with presenting developer documentation in new and different formats.
So stay tuned. Over the next few days we plan introduce some of the writer on our teams, and to give you a first look at some documentation that’ll be included in the next updates of the WSS and MOSS SDKs.
And if you’ve got anything you want to talk about regarding SharePoint developer documentation, post a comment or drop us an email. We’d love to hear from you.
The SharePoint Developer Doc team is now blogging
[via Andrew May ] The SharePoint Developer Documentation team is now blogging. Andrew May has a good