So the other half of our team is hiring – the Site Management side. These are the folks who make the site run, get to play in the code, etc. If you’re interested, let me know…
We’re looking for a tenacious Site Manager interested in taking the MSDN and TechNet online experience to a new level. Our sites attract more than 6 million technical gurus each month - they depend on us for timely and informative technical information and community access. How do we create a more dynamic, personalized experience in order to meet the needs of Developers and ITPros? What are the best ways for Microsoft to interact and share information with its technical community?
The Site Manager is responsible for understanding the business and marketing strategies, representing the technologies of a specific product or program, and directing the ongoing development of sites that help customers to find the information they need. They direct development through project management of content deliverables and relationships with product and marketing groups, third-party vendors, and other functional teams. The challenge is to maintain a strategic Web presence and also to manage the ongoing publishing efforts for the site.
As part of this team, you will 1. gather and define requirements for online user experience and site design, working with internal and external stakeholders 2. deliver detailed site specifications, 3. create and manage schedules and priorities, and 4. drive development and implementation to completion while balancing the sustained engineering and content publishing needs for the site. You will also own supporting programs aimed toward proactively connecting Microsoft with its internal and external partners.
Principal job duties and responsibilities:
- Manage the structure and publishing of one or more Microsoft Web site, by working closely with writers, editors, designers, developers, testers, producers, project and program managers to deliver and maintain content of great quality, currency, and customer value;
- Create and implement a strategic plan for the Web site that will achieve the product/program’s business goals and satisfy customer needs;
- Create, edit, and review pages for content, logic, organization, and readability, in order to keep the site tightly focused on its goals and audiences;
- Identify, manage, and resolve team scheduling and resource issues.
- Participate in regular discussions about incorporating new content, technologies, and presentation forms;
- Work in partnership with product teams to create Web content for launches, campaigns, initiatives and other projects that is optimized for the Web and complements other integrated content.
- By way of usability studies, focus groups, metrics analysis, and direct customer contact, set new standards of Web responsiveness to actual audience needs
- Demonstrated excellence managing an innovative and fast-moving web site
- Strong communications and project management skills are essential skills as well as a demonstrated ability to coordinate and manage relationships with other internal and external groups e.g. Exchange, Windows Server, MSDN & TechNet Publishing, MSCOM, PSS, MSDN Content Strategy, and .NET PMG.
- Efficiency in developing and implementing plans to accomplish goals is required.
- Must thrive in a highly collaborative online environment, and take initiative in that context.
- Understanding of the Windows Server System and Exchange products and/or IT Pros and Developers is a plus.
- Minimum of 4-5 years experience preferred in managing, designing, or maintaining Web sites.
- Product marketing, technical support, or user assistance experience helpful.
- BS/BA degree required
- Familiarity with XML, HTML Java a plus