Following the original release of Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 we are pleased to announce the associated release of the Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Management Pack.
The Microsoft SQL Server Management Pack provides the capabilities for Operations Manager 2007 SP1 and R2 to discover SQL Server 2005, 2008, and 2008 R2. It monitors Microsoft SQL Server components such as database engine instances, databases, and SQL Server agents.
With this release we have introduced the following enhancements:
· Simplified and streamlined customer configuration and deployment
· Lower cost of operation due to improved health model and reduced false alarms
· Meets low-privilege constraints needed for financial and medical industries
· New rules, monitors, and knowledge improvements
· DMO-less deployment
· SxS install with the old SQL 2000 management pack for customers with SQL 2K
For more information and download information go here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=8c0f970e-c653-4c15-9e51-6a6cadfca363&displaylang=en
The SQL MP Team,Clifford Dibble, Mauricio Monico, Tamara Tan, Bonnie Feinberg, Cory Delamarter
I was just impress to this blog.........Network management refers to the broad subject of managing computer networks.