Microsoft SQL Server Compact 3.5 released with Visual Studio 2008. The English release of SQL Server Compact 3.5 is available on the download center and the links are as given below:
1. SQL Server Compact 3.5 and Synchronization Services for ADO.Net v1.0 for Windows Desktop: Installs the files for SQL Server Compact 3.5 and Microsoft Synchronization Services for ADO.Net for Windows Desktop platform
2. SQL Server Compact 3.5 for Windows Mobile: The download contains the CAB files and DLL’s that are used to install SQL Server Compact 3.5 on the Windows Mobile Devices platform
3. SQL Server Compact 3.5 Server Tools: Installs the Server Tools on the IIS server enabling merge replication and remote data access (RDA) with SQL Server 2005 and later.
4. SQL Server Compact 3.5 Books Online and Samples: The download contains SQL Server Compact 3.5 Books Online, Online Read Me and Samples. SQL Server Compact 3.5 Books Online do not install with Visual Studio 2008. The Books Online are only available on the Web.
5. Synchronization Services for ADO.Net v1.0 Books Online: Synchronization Services provides the ability to synchronize data from disparate sources over two-tier, N-tier, and service-based architectures. The Books Online has more information about Synchronization Services. The forum for Synchronization Services provides technical Q&A about using Synchronization Services.
Visual Studio 2008 is the development environment for SQL Server Compact 3.5. Visual Studio 2008 installs SQL Server Compact 3.5 Design Tools, SQL Server Compact 3.5 for Windows Desktop and SQL Server Compact 3.5 for Windows Mobile. SQL Server Compact 3.5 Design Tools installs the SQL Server Compact 3.5 design-time components with Visual Studio 2008 and is not available as a separate Web download. The design-time components are the user interface, dialog boxes, and design-time environment, which are used to write applications for SQL Server Compact 3.5. 64bit versions of Windows are supported under WOW64 mode until a native 64bit release is available.
Support Options:Your feedback is important to us.
SQL Server Compact 3.5 introduces the following features for software developers.
Installation and Database File Upgrade
Platform Default: When you create or upgrade SQL Server Compact databases, Encryption mode will select the default encryption for the operating system. By creating a database on one of the newer platforms shown here, older platforms (such as Windows CE 4.2 or Windows Mobile 2003) will be unable to open encrypted SQL Server Compact files. The older platforms do not support the newer encryption algorithms.
For example, if the database is created on Windows XP, it will select encryption for Windows XP. The encrypted database created on Windows XP with the Platform Default option cannot be opened on Windows CE 4.2 or Windows Mobile 2003 for Pocket PC.
Engine Default: By default, the encryption mode for the SQL Server Compact 3.5 database file will not work on Windows CE 4.2 or Windows Mobile 2003 Software for Pocket PC. This encryption mode will work on all newer SQL Server Compact 3.5 supported platforms.
PPC2003 Compatibility: While less secure, this option can be used to support older and newer operating systems including:
Core Database Functionality
Program Manager - SQL Server Compact