Sridhar's blog

SharePoint programming and customization.

Browse by Tags

Tagged Content List
  • Blog Post: BCS and External List Learning – Part2

    In Part1 , I covered a specific scenario related to viewing external list and BDC throttling settings.  In this post, I’ll cover a similar specific scenario but related to authentication. When we create an external content type using SPD2010, the screen where we specify the data source information...
  • Blog Post: BCS and External List Learning – Part1

    I am posting this article split into series covering specific BCS learning when working with customers.  In this post, I’ll cover a specific scenario where when browsing to an external list we might see the following error.   In most cases, this would be because of default throttling limit...
  • Blog Post: IdentityNotMappedException: Some or all identity references could not be translated

    Recently, I ran into an interesting issue.  I thought I’ll post this as I guess most SharePoint Developers could possibly run into it. I used to have my MOSS 2007 development environment on one domain (let’s say mydomain1.com).  I then joined my development environment to another domain (let...
  • Blog Post: What happened to my My Links Web Part?

    Well, did you add a link like "file://C:/folder1/folder2"? In one customer's environment this was the exact issue. A user added some file system link like the above and ended up with the following symptoms: 1. The user couldn't add the "My Links" web part to his/her MySite. Whenever he/she tries,...
  • Blog Post: Indexing MSCMS 2001 using MOSS 2007 indexer?

    This might be a cake-walk for most of you, but I got delayed a bit to get MSCMS 2001 contents indexed using MOSS 2007. Basically what I saw after I setup a content source and started a full crawl was the below warning: The specified address was excluded from the index. The crawl rules may have to...
  • Blog Post: "The site is not assigned to an indexer" error in SharePoint custom search

    Strangely enough! We'll not see this issue with an OOTB search. It is seen only when we use search APIs or web service and perform a custom search. Apparently, when we use Microsoft.Office.Server.Search, the content database also gets indexed and this content database should be assigned to the particular...
  • Blog Post: "The security validation for this page is invalid" error when updating objects through SharePoint object model

    This error is often encountered when SharePoint OM is used to update site/web/list objects from within a web context. Some thing so basic as the code below could fail: using ( SPSite site = new SPSite ( "http://moss" )) { using ( SPWeb web = site.OpenWeb()) { SPList list = web.Lists[ "List1" ...
  • Blog Post: Database Schema compatibility error in FBA

    This is an interesting issue I came across recently and it was nice to know things that I thought would be hardly a matter to be considered. Well, the gist of the issue is very simple. When using default providers (AspNetSqlMembershipProvider & AspNetSqlRoleProvider) to try to setup FBA, at the...
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)