We don’t get many calls here in Developer Support asking for help writing Security Labels for Outlook, but those calls we do get have always been difficult to work. The primary reason for this difficulty is the only documentation we had for creating a Security Label Policy Module was an old technical article for Outlook 2000. While there was nothing really wrong with the article, the original sample code didn’t work with Outlook 2007 and wouldn’t even compile with modern compilers.
We’ve decided to correct this. We’ve updated the article and put together an updated sample that works with Outlook 2007. Here’s the new article:
and the updated sample: