Now that MSDN AA has mad Visual Studio 2010 RTM available, as an administrator of an MSDN AA account you may want to make this available for download for your students and faculty. Follow the instructions on this video:
Watch this short video to learn how to transition to a Hosted ELMS account.
If you are already using Hosted ELMS, you need to enable it for download. Here is the 6 Step process (Screen shots below)
- Login to your elms store front
- Go to the Hosted ELMS link on the right-hand side
- Scroll down and select Visual Studio 2010 Professional (x86) DVD - This is the only version available currently
- De-select the Beta and RC version of Visual Studio 2010 to avoid confusion
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and select "Enable Selected"
- Go to the 'Software Tab' at the top of the screen and search on Visual Studio (searching Visual Studio 2010 did not work for me)
- Scroll to the bottom of the Page to see the download is available
For more guidance on how to download, install, and use visual studio from MSDN AA Elms see this video: Access Software: Using MSDNAA, from login to first use
This article gives guidance on how to Obtain Visual Studio 2010 from MSDN AA to load onto a local server or for CD/DVD/Media access and How to access via DreamSpark