Are you a student about to graduate or who has already graduated?
Microsoft Corporation is recruiting both graduating and graduated students for international internships and full time positions. Currently there are two open internship positions: Software Design Engineer (SDE) and Software Design Engineer in Test (SDET).
These are great opportunities to start career at Microsoft, a company that has been in the industry for over 30 years and is present world-wide with a large variety of products and technologies. With Microsoft you have the possibility to grow inside an international environment and take your career as far as you want it to go.
The deadline for application for these two internships is January 1st 2009. See details and applications instructions from the recruiting team below.
Read more about international Microsoft career opportunities for students and non-technical positions at Microsoft Academy for University Hires (MACH).
More information about open positions at Microsoft Switzerland - currently open e.g. Praktikum für Informatiker/-innen FH.
Matteo Re Cecconi (firstname.lastname@example.org )
Lead Student Partner Ticino
Details of the Open Positions:
Software Design Engineer (SDE)
Work at the Core of Every Product We Build - This is where the fun begins for code gurus like you. As a hands-on Software Design Engineer, you’ll make decisions about design and feature implementation, using your mastery of technical tools to make a product vision a reality. If you like to write code and design efficient data structures and algorithms to develop next-generation applications or operating systems, this is the position for you. As an SDE, you’ll bring products to life by working with Program Managers to ensure strong design and Software Design Engineers in Test to ensure quality through testing. Ultimately for the SDE, it’s your code that turns concepts into new technologies and services.
• Be available to relocate to one of Microsoft’s Development Centers around the world. (Microsoft Corporation pays all costs associated with relocation)
• Fluency in C/C++/C# and a passion for writing quality code using computer science fundamentals
• Functional level English language skills, written and spoken requirement
• Ability to derive creative and innovative solutions by thinking "outside the box"
• Ability to solve complex problems, sometimes by testing and debugging code
• Experience in feature definition, design, and feasibility
• Demonstrated skill in estimating development time
Software Design Engineer in Test (SDET)
Discover Life on the Last Line of Defense - As a Software Design Engineer in Test (SDET), you’ll own it, break it, fix it, and own it again. You’ll ensure a product’s quality by making sure it performs as users expect it to. Part of the fun is how creative you can be devising ways to manipulate, crush, and sabotage software into submission—while creating innovative testing technologies along the way. Ultimately, as an SDET it’s your input that can make the difference between joy and frustration for the customers. Since you’re keen on how things work, and making them work better, you’ll work hand in hand with the Program Managers and Software Design Engineers to design, develop, and maintain automation systems for use in development and testing cycles. Using the tools you create, you’ll pour over source code for trouble spots, debugging and isolating problems, and executing creative tests to find new bugs while regression testing recent fixes.
• Be available to relocate to one of our Development Centers around the world (Microsoft Corporation pays all costs associated with relocation)
• Fluency in C/C++/C#
• Ability to solve complex problems and write automation systems and device drivers
• Ability to learn to author test plans and cases, conduct security and stress tests, and debug at source level after identifying, investigating, and prioritizing bugs
• Demonstrated skills in negotiation and conflict management
How to apply:
Submitting a C.V. is the only way to get to the next stage of consideration, the interview. Our recruiting team travels to your region regularly to meet bright and enthusiastic people like you, and we look forward to receiving your CV. Here are a few things to keep in mind when you are updating your C.V. to send to us:
• Include your military status if your country mandates it. This will help us know if you are allowed to leave your country to work in the United States
• Clearly state your graduation date, degree/major and the university you attended or are attending
• Specify your technical skills (including programming languages and other development tools you know well), project details (both within university and at any jobs or internships you have held), and technologies you have used on those projects
• Describe your role in the projects that you worked on, and what you personally achieved
• Provide an active e-mail address, physical address, and current phone number where we can reach you
Send your resume to:
MSGradCV@microsoft.com for Full Time positions
InternCV@microsoft.com for Intern positions