Covering SQL Azure Data Sync and Microsoft Sync Framework
SQL Azure Team Blog
Sync Framework Developer Center
JuneT - Idle Thoughts
Liam's Cloud Data Service Blog
A new service update (SU5) for SQL Data Sync will be deployed from June 6 US PST to June 7 US PST. A new Client Agent (version 188.8.131.52) will be available for download. All prior versions of the Client Agent will need to be upgraded. Please follow the steps below to upgrade the Client Agent.
Note: Please be aware that the default path for the Client Agent has been updated to
For 32-bit system,
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Data Sync
For 64 bit system,
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Data Sync
HOW TO UPGRADE: Validate the current version of the Agent that you have installed by following the Steps outlined here.
1) If the Client Agent isn’t open, please navigate to where you’ve installed the Client Agent,
The default path for a 32-bit system is
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Azure Data Sync
The default path for a 64-bit system is
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Azure Data Sync
2) Find and launch the application SqlAzureDataSyncAgent under the bin folder of the install path.
3) Click Upgrade Agent on your Client Agent window.
The Agent download page will appear. Please download and install the new agent.
Note: Please accept the default installation path
4) Once the upgrade process completes, close the Client Agent window.
Note: Please DO NOT delete the old agent installation path.
5) Open up Windows Explorer and navigate to the installation path indicated in Step 1.
6) Navigate to the data folder and find the AgentConfigData.xml file, e.g.
The default path on a 32-bit system is
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Azure Data Sync\data
The default path on a 64-bit system is
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Azure Data Sync\data
7) Copy the AgentConfigData.xml file.
8) Now, navigate to the data folder of the newly updated Agent, e.g.
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Data Sync\data
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Data Sync\data
9) Paste the AgentConfigData.xml file (step 7) into the data folder.
10) Now, restart Microsoft SQL Data Sync Windows Service on the system.
11) Next, run Microsoft SQL Data Sync Agent Preview.
12) Repeat step 1 – Step 11 for all of installed Agents in your environment.
Will this release be a v1 production ready release or another preview?
Hi Matt, this release is a preview release.
Hello Han, As per your notes Step No.( 3 ) Click Upgrade Agent on your Client Agent window. But my agent Upgrade button is dis-active / disable I can not click on it. (For your information my Agent version is 184.108.40.206) So please reply me asap. I do not want to recreate sync group.
Because my sync groups earlier created all agents version is 220.127.116.11 currently I can sync but if I can not upgrade all agent on after which date I can not sync please reply me date and time zone.
I have the same issue. My version is 18.104.22.168 and I see the latest version for download is 22.214.171.124 (published 6/6/2012). I am confused! Do I upgrade or not?
The upgrade button will be enabled after old agent (version equal and lower than 126.96.36.199) reach expire date (Jun 08 23:59:59 UTC time).
So you shall be able to click the upgrade button now
or you can go to www.microsoft.com/.../details.aspx directly and download the new agent (version 188.8.131.52).
Service 'Microsoft SQL Data Sync'(Microsoft SQL Data Sync) cound not be installed.
Verify that you have sufficient privileges to install system services.
Please ensure the user running the installer has enough privilege to register and start a Windows service. You can try run as Administrator on the installer.