MLDC – Microsoft Language Development Center, a branch of the Microsoft Product Group that develops Speech Recognition and Synthesis Technologies, situated in Porto Salvo, Portugal (http://www.microsoft.com/portugal/mldc), is seeking a full-time temporary language expert in the Italian language, for 1-2 months internship, to work in speech technology related development projects. The successful candidate should have the following requirements:
· Be native Italian speaker;
· Have a university degree in Linguistics or related field (preferably in Italian Linguistics);
· Have an advanced level of English;
· Have some experience in working with Speech Technology/Natural Language Processing/Linguistics, either in academia or in industry;
· Have some computational ability – no programming is required, but he/she should be comfortable working with MS Windows and MS Office tools;
· Have team work experience;
· Willing to work in Porto Salvo (near Lisbon) for the duration of the contract;
· Willing to start immediately.
To apply, please submit your resume and a brief statement describing your experience and abilities to Daniela Braga: email@example.com
We will only consider electronic submissions.
Deadline for submissions: February 22, 2008