Are you a consultant or accounting (accountancy) professional with clients using Office Accounting? Have you spent some time playing around with the product and want to keep your setup? The new business templates in Office Accounting 2008 can help you do that.
Here are the steps:
1. Set up a new company (or import it from a competitive product)
2. Modify the chart of accounts
3. Modify the support lists (terms, countries etc)
4. Modify tax/VAT setup and rates
5. Modify currencies and rates
6. Click File, Utilities, Export as template and save the file.
Now you have a custom XML business template with all your settings set up.
To use the template, set up a new company. When the setup wizard asks for a business type, click the Add button to the right and select the template you have saved.