The Microsoft academic team are delighted to confirm the focus of our “Special Applied Research on Windows” Academic event on the 21st June is the Kinect for Windows SDK Beta
The Kinect for Windows SDK beta is a programming toolkit for application developers. It enables the academic and enthusiast communities’ easy access to the capabilities offered by the Microsoft Kinect device connected to computers running the Windows 7 operating system.
The Kinect for Windows SDK beta, includes drivers, rich APIs for raw sensor streams and natural user interfaces, installation documents, and resource materials. It provides Kinect capabilities to developers who build applications with C++, C#, or Visual Basic by using Microsoft Visual Studio 2010.
This is a UK Academic Event only! Please ensure you register with a valid .ac.uk email address to ensure your place is confirmed!
The event will take place at the Microsoft UK Campus, Thames Valley Park, Reading, RG6 1WG.
21 June 2011 Kinect for Windows SDK Agenda
· 09:30 Arrivals – Registration
· 10:00 Welcome – introductions, Geoff Hughes, Developer Platform Evangelism
· 10:10 Highlights from Kinect SDK launch
· 10:30 The Science of Kinect, Andrew Fitzgibbon, PhD, Microsoft Research Cambridge
· 11:15 BREAK
· 11:40 Collaborating with Microsoft Research, Kenji Takeda , PhD, Microsoft Research
· 11:50 Overview of Kinect SDK, Dave Brown, PhD, Microsoft Technology Centre
· 12:30 Q&A / Next Steps
· 12:45 Networking and Lunch
· 13:30 Close
If appropriate, we ask each academic visitor to bring a graduate student to the event who works on applied research topics.
To apply for a place
Register via the web here: URL: Invite Code: F58492
Resources: Kinect For Windows SDK beta
Download the SDK Beta, Check out the Kinect Quick Starts and view the Kinect Project Gallery on Coding 4 Fun