Windows Phone Mango Completion
There are 30 more Mango developer phones up for grabs for great student prototypes. Here’s what to do if you want one (and be honest, you want one):
1. Make sure you’re registered for DreamSpark
2. Download and install Expression Studio Ultimate and the new Mango Windows Phone Developer Tools (available free as a member of DreamSpark)
3. Get the free Sketchflow Template for Windows Phone and create a Sketchflow mock-up of your app
4. Post the Sketchflow mock-up somewhere online and tweet out the link using the hash tag #WPAppItUp
5. We will review all prototypes and will contact the developers who submit the best ones and send them a special Mango developer device
More details at the blog: http://windowsteamblog.com/windows_phone/b/wpdev/archive/2011/07/29/mango-device-love-for-wpappitup-prototypes.aspx
Great post, Lee. Is there a deadline? And is this a UK-only competition, or...? :)
Andrew, Thanks this is a worldwide competition.
The requirements are that you need to a student and be registered user of DreamSpark see http://www.DreamSpark.com you can downloaded the necessary software, Visual Studio, Sketchflow and Windows Phone SDK for FREE to help with the Phone app development.
The competition rounds are open for a full month. So were presently just started round 2. Further information and details can be found on the Windows Phone team blog windowsteamblog.com/.../wpdev and on twitter #WPAppItUp
Further UK Specific student competitions are available from the Microsoft UK Student Blog see blogs.msdn.com/.../microsoftukstudents
Best of Luck!