New Updates - What’s new
AppHub Integration: Linking your DreamSpark Account with a Microsoft Live ID
I’m very excited to inform you that we’ve completed our “AppHub Integration: Linking DreamSpark Account with Live ID”
This will now dramatically improve the experience of those students that were having difficulties with App Hub registration.
With the update to DreamSpark students and educators create a new DreamSpark account that is not a Windows Live ID. However for students who wish to produce application for Xbox or Windows Phone require a Windows Live ID, to create apphub accounts via http://create.msdn.com. We have now enabled the system, to enable educators or students to map their DreamSpark account to new or existing Windows Live ID.
Here is the workflow:
- Student/Educator visits the page https://www.dreamspark.com/Product/Product.aspx?ProductId=26 and sees [Map your Live ID] button enabled and [Register on AppHub] button disabled.
- Student/Educator Clicks on [Map your Live ID] button.
- Student/Educator Sign in on DreamSpark site with their Verified account (or get the account verified).
- Student/Educator then logs in using Windows Live ID account.
- Student/Educator is shown the message “Are you sure you want your map your DreamSpark login (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your Windows Live ID (email@example.com) with [Ok] and [Cancel] buttons.
- Student/Educator clicks on [Ok] button a Accounts will be mapped a User automatically signed out from Live ID account à User will be redirected to the page https://www.dreamspark.com/Product/Product.aspx?ProductId=26 with [Map your Live ID] button disabled and [Register on AppHub] button enabled.
I'm not from uk, but i guess it should work same way for italian students too.
I followed your steps, now I have "Register on AppHub" button enabled but, if i try to register, i got an error in the "account details" page.
This is the text:
We’re sorry, an error has occurred.
We have detected an error while processing the page you were looking for. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again.
Could you please help me?
If your encountering any issues you need to register them here www.dreamspark.com/.../contactus.aspx with the DreamSpark support team. They will then assist
I'm from Ireland and am having the same problem as sbellusa, could you post a solution if one exists, I have contacted support but it was only yesterday during a bank holiday weekend.
Hi, I'm from Iran and our universities and schools are not supported or maybe are boycotted.. is'nt there any workaround for us? Currently i'm learning xaml and planning to learn WP too, but i cant even install a self-written application on my smart phone..
Hi if your having issues getting access to DreamSpark or if your school, college or University is not included on the registration page please contact the DreamSpark support team www.dreamspark.com/.../contactus.aspx you will need to include Your Name, Your Name, Your School Name, Address of school and the problem your facing.