Last week, Moodle Rooms announced that the updated plug in will be available to the Moodle community beginning February 23rd.
I just wanted to highlight the great work done by Moodle Rooms in developing this plug in and providing it to the Moodle community as it offers the following functionality
- Log into courses using their Windows Live ID and display select Live Services on a Moodle site.
- View and compose emails and calendar events within a Moodle site using Outlook® Live
- Access Windows Live Messenger chat and Bing™ search engine within a course.
This will offer huge advantages to those institutions with Moodle and Live@edu user base and will enhance the Moodle teaching and learning experience.
This is a great example of interoperability between Microsoft and open source solutions, something Microsoft strongly supports and will continue to support in the future.
Additional resources and links
- Download - http://moodle.org/plugins/browse.php?list=set&id=11
· Sites: Liveatedu site announces availability of new plug in for moodle
· Blogs: Openness blog and Education Insights
· Twitter: @OpenAtMicrosoft
· Video on the Openness site and Live@edu
- More details on UK Live@edu Blog