Over the past few weeks we have been travelling across the country to run Windows 8 events.
So Get started building Windows 8 Apps
1. Apply to join our UK Windows 8 for Application Developer LinkedIn Group.
2. We will reply asking you for some details of what it is you are building and then admit you into the group.
3. You build a great app following the guidance that we have online and which meets the Store certification requirements.
4. We will use the LinkedIn Group to invite you to an Application Excellence Lab at Microsoft in Reading where you’ll work with an engineer to ensure certification requirements are being met and that the app is providing a great experience to the user.
5. You leave the lab with a registration code that lets you begin the app submission process at the Windows Store
Getting Started building an App
Here are some recommended links to help with planning & designing Metro style apps…
· Watch 8 traits of great Metro style apps session from Build, to understand the key platform features and Metro design principles
· Read Planning Metro style apps, which walks you through the planning process to ensure your app has clear goals and a compelling “great at” statement
· If you have an existing site/app, read these design case studies to explore how to reimagine your web site or iPad app using Metro design principles
· Point your designers at the UX guidelines, checklists, PhotoShop templates etc on http://design.windows.com.
Key topics to help you design your first app are:
Grid system and app silhouette
Text and typography
Additionally there is lots of content, tools, samples and downloads on http://dev.windows.com. You can download the app samples and use the forums to ask questions.
Here are set of great Bookmarks in alphabetical order