1. Build a single, flexible app vs. many replicated apps. - For example, a book publisher should not publish 100s of apps, one for each book. Rather, the publisher should deliver a single app that allows the user to browse their full book catalogue.
3. Another very common reason for failure that is simple to fix is inappropriate Age Rating.
4. Ensure all app builders run the WACK before app submission.
5. Take advantage of App Fast Track (AFT) review where appropriate.
6. Familiarize yourself and app builders you engage with App Certification Tips on the Dev Center: Common Certification Failures and Guidance for Resolving Certification Failures.
7. Review apps locally before app submission with Store certification requirements in mind.
Windows 8 App Store Requirements – http://aka.ms/storereq
Resolving certification errors – http://aka.ms/storefix
What is App Fast Track? Any link where I can find more details?
These are the Windows 8 App Clinics
For Developers & Designers who want need help with their Windows 8 app development
We will have a team of technical and marketing experts on standby ready to answer any question you have about Window 8 app development – whether it be questions about an idea for an app, development, design, getting your app into the Windows Store, or any other burning question you have.
Windows Store App Labs are places where app builders can get technical help from Windows experts, and very soon will be able to access the newest Windows 8 devices and receive design guidance from designers and digital agencies.
Get technical guidance from Windows 8 experts
Our Windows experts are on hand to review your app and offer you any technical advice you need. They can help you with coding tips, debugging, and prepping your app to submit to the Windows Store.
Check out and test the newest Windows 8 devices
The labs are stocked with the latest Windows 8 devices in multiple form factors including Windows RT tablets like Microsoft Surface, Ultrabooks, All-in-Ones, and more. Come in and test your app on a variety of screen sizes, input methods, and architectures. The App Labs will have Windows 8 devices in multiple form factors for you to try out and test your apps on.
Get design guidance from leading edge design agencies
You can also meet with designers and digital agencies who can provide design tips that really make your app stand out. Designers are available to review your app mock-ups or your complete app and provide feedback on how you can improve your app’s layout, live tile, navigation, and other UI elements.
Where are the app labs located?
The Windows Store App Labs are located in Modern Jago in London. To begin with, appointments can be made every Monday from 29th October
App Builders can go to www.windowsstore.com/applabs to reserve a time slot