Follow the developer instruction below to add a line of code to your app. Once you’ve added the code, send over your App Details (App GUID code & AppChallenge GUID code) to email@example.com
Developer Instructions before you can be included you need to do a little bit of development work to ensure inclusion. Please see the below instructions for further details.
1. In your app’s “About” or “Settings” section, add the AppChallenge button included in this email.
The sample below demonstrates how to use the application settings API and settings flyouts to integrate an app's settings UI with the Settings charm.
With the Settings charm app can include app-specified settings commands in the Settings charm and launch the corresponding settings UI from that standard entry point such as volume, brightness etc. http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowsapps/App-settings-sample-1f762f49
2. Generate your Private GUID for each of your apps by visiting guidgenerator.com
3. For Windows Phone 8, Windows 8.0 and Windows 8.1 link the button with this:
1: await Launcher.LaunchUriAsync(new Uri("appchallengeuk:appGuid=YOUR PRIVATE GUID", UriKind.Absolute));
4. For Windows Phone 7 (app compiled on WP7 but can run on WP8), link the button with this:
The AppChallenge logo should be displayed only if the user has a WP8 (because AppChallenge is not available on WP7). This is done via the code:
1: if (Environment.OSVersion.Version.Major> = 8)
2: imageAppChallenge.Visibility = Visibility.Visible;
4: imageAppChallenge.Visibility = Visibility.Collapsed;
Then, on the event Tapped of the image, write the following command:
1: WebBrowserTask wbTask = new WebBrowserTask();
2: wbTask.Uri = new
3: Uri("http://theukappchallenge.azurewebsites.net/redirect?app=YOUR PRIVATE GUID",UriKind.RelativeOrAbsolute);
5. Once your app’s on the Windows Store, send a table of correspondence between its GUID and the one you generate for AppChallenge to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions please email email@example.com.
Thank you very much for your participation and support of The UK App Challenge.
See more details at : http://aka.ms/UKAppChallenge
Got my apps involved! Earning points in the app is a rather draining process, although I must admit to being a little fond of Gravity Badgers!
Where is the logo in gravity badgers?
Ian - There was an update to Gravity Badgers today that included the logo.