We're delighted to announce the Welsh Vista/Office 2007 Language Interface Pack (LIP)
· Launch event was on 17 Dec in Wales
· The Wales market has approx 700k Welsh speakers
· Microsoft has worked with the Welsh Language Board (WLB) to translate the User interfaces (600k words translated)
· New Welsh Spellchecker from University of Bangor
· The Welsh LIP will be available from the Welsh Language Board website and Microsoft LIP download websites
· Press release attached with the Welsh Language Board (English version):
One for IT Managers: We've announced that Service Pack 1 for Windows Vista will be released in the first quarter 2008, which is good news for education partners - there's evidence that some schools and colleges are waiting for this before doing widescale deployments of the new operating system. In advance of that, the beta is available now on MSDN and Technet. Now the full details of what's in the release are on TechNet, but here's a shorter highlight list, taken from the InsideMicrosoft blog:
I have to say that I've been using Windows Vista since October 2006, as a typical user, and have seen very few of these problems being fixed - I especially like the further improvements in power consumption, reducing further the carbon footprint of a Windows Vista computer over a Windows XP system.
There has been a new release of SLK.
Forefront is a great opportunity for partners. As more and more Learning Platforms with SharePoint, Exchange and Communication Server get rolled out into Education, so the need for security increases. On Monday 28 January we will be running a technical training session for Education partners on the market opportunity, planning for Forefront, installation and best practices. Plus we'll cover troublshooting and a hands on lab. We'll equip partners to sell and deploy Forefront and Microsoft security products into the Education market.
The training location will be:
Building 2, Microsoft Campus, Thames Valley Park, Reading, RG6 1WG
If you would like to attend please register by sending email to email@example.com