So if your interested in building Windows 8 Apps you need to join the following LinkedIn Group
1. You apply to join our UK Windows 8 for Application Developer LinkedIn Group.
2. We will reply asking you for some details of what it is you are building and then admit you into the group.
3. You build a great app following the guidance that we have online and which meets the Store certification requirements.
4. We will use the LinkedIn Group to invite you to an Application Excellence Lab at Microsoft in Reading where you’ll work with an engineer to ensure certification requirements are being met and that the app is providing a great experience to the user.
5. You leave the lab with a registration code that lets you begin the app submission process at the Windows Store.
In terms of the details we will need from the individual developer, it will include the following:
1. Your name and company name (if any).
2. Your location.
3. Application's name.
4. Short description of application's purpose.
5. What is the current status of the application - [idea/planning/building/complete].
6. Are you looking to be able to publish the application before Windows 8 and the Windows Store go on general release?
So if your highly committed to building and publishing a Windows 8 app in the next 2-3 months, this is the perfect opportunity to get your app into the store.
Windows 8 For Application Developers – By UK Tech.Days
Also ensure you register for the Windows 8 for Applications developers tour focuses on creating broad awareness and excitement around the Windows 8 opportunities for developers.
These are 1 day events which are delivered by our Windows 8 Champs with the goal of providing accelerated learning to Windows 8 application development. You can see all of these events on the UK Tech.Days home page.