Keep track of all the latest news and events on developer tools and technologies you care about
Then enter our caption competition, live on the blog today, for one day only.
Post your side splitting caption for the above photo of our very enthusiastic student intern, Rafal, in the comments box below and you could be in with a chance of winning a brand spanking new Windows Phone 7 device very much like this one:
The caption that tickles us most here in the office will win a Windows Phone 7 HTC HD7 device, it’s as simple as that. You’ll need to post your entry by 6pm today (that’s Friday 22nd October in case you’re having the same crazy sort of week as I am), and we’ll let the winner know before the end of the day on Monday 25th. Just make sure you have a good look at the competition rules below before you get your thinking cap on.
If you can’t think of anything remotely funny, don’t worry, we’ll have more phones to give away very soon.
Windows Phone 7 Caption Competition Terms and Conditions
1. ELIGIBILITY: This competition is open to UK residents who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of Microsoft or its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising or promotion agencies are not eligible, nor are members of these employees’ families (defined as parents, children, siblings, spouse and life partners).
2. TO ENTER: To enter post your photo caption for the featured photo in the UK MSDN Blog comments box. The person submitting the funniest caption, as selected by three judges, will win a Windows Phone 7 device. Only one entry per person will be accepted. Incomplete, damaged, defaced or illegible entries may be deemed invalid at the sole discretion of Microsoft. Entry constitutes full and unconditional acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Microsoft reserves the right to disqualify anyone in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
3. TIMING: This competition runs from 7am GMT 22 October The closing date of this competition is 6pm GMT 22 October 2010. Completed entries must reach Microsoft no later than the closing date.
4. USE OF DATA: Personal data which you provide when you enter this competition will not be used for future Microsoft UK marketing activity.
5. SELECTION OF WINNER: Three judges will select their favourite single caption from all the entries and the winner will be notified by email on 25 October 2010 at Microsoft campus. The winners may be required to become involved in further publicity or advertising.
6. PRIZE: The prize is one Windows Phone 7 HTC HD7 device with an estimated retail price of £400.00. Prize as stated and non-transferable. No cash or other alternatives available. Microsoft reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. The prize will be dispatched within two months of the competition’s closing date. Prize may be considered a taxable benefit and the winner will be directly responsible for accounting for any tax liability arising on their prize.
7. WINNERS LIST: The winner consents to their surname being made publicly available. The winner’s surname will be available for a period of 3 weeks after the closing date by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
8. OTHER: No correspondence will be entered into regarding either this competition or these Terms and Conditions. In the unlikely event of a dispute, Microsoft’s decision shall be final. Microsoft reserves the right to amend, modify, cancel or withdraw this competition at any time without notice.
9. Microsoft cannot guarantee the performance of any third party and shall not be liable for any act or default by a third party. Participants in this promotion agree that Microsoft will have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, costs, damage or disappointment of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly from acceptance, misuse or use of a prize, or from participation in this promotion. Nothing in this clause shall limit Microsoft’s liability in respect of death or personal injury arising out of its own negligence or arising out of fraud.
"Hey, yeah guys, you know when I said I could sell anything..."
Hey I know them, they run my phone
This new fabric conditioner has done nothing for my cool shirt
How not to thumb a Lift to Redmond :-)
Come on guys, I know you like to play jokes on the interns but come on...
...gluing my thumb to this sign, isn't that taking things a little too far!!!
TV Show The Apprentice sets it's toughest challenge yet.
Human shaped full stop used in new Microsoft logo
Now we just have to work on reducing the size of Windows Phone 3D so it'll fit in your pocket.
Look at your logo, now back at mine. This is the logo your logo could look like...
I'll be the exclamation mark and we'll just pretend we bought Yahoo!
"I've had a great idea for a company name...registered trademark? er, no, I think it's free"
Hurry up, take the picture, I need mum to think I have a job, *** SECURITY'S HEADED THIS WAY!
Hitchhiker's guide to cyberspace
I may be an intern, but I hear you guys have an opening for Chief Software Architect?