Keep track of all the latest news and events on developer tools and technologies you care about
Love is all around this fine Monday morning – happy Valentine’s Day! What’s that you say? No cards, no flowers, no…nothing? Well, never mind, dry your tears – we still love you. To show our affection we’ve got some goodies to give away.
Think up a caption for this poor confused member of the IT crowd and be in with a chance of winning a webcam and an Arc mouse.
Post your caption below in the comments box with your Twitter ID or email address and we’ll announce the winning entry on Monday 21 February.
Satisfy yourself that entry doesn’t constitute selling your soul by reading the terms and conditions below.
1. ELIGIBILITY: This competition is open to UK residents who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of Microsoft or its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising or promotion agencies are not eligible, nor are members of these employees’ families (defined as parents, children, siblings, spouse and life partners).
2. TO ENTER: To enter post your photo caption for the featured photo in the UK MSDN Blog comments box. The person submitting the funniest caption, as selected by three judges, will win a Microsoft LifeCam Cinema webcam and an Arc mouse. Only one entry per person will be accepted. Incomplete, damaged, defaced or illegible entries may be deemed invalid at the sole discretion of Microsoft. Entry constitutes full and unconditional acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Microsoft reserves the right to disqualify anyone in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
3. TIMING: This competition runs from 8am GMT 14 February The closing date of this competition is 5.30pm GMT 18 February 2011. Completed entries must reach Microsoft no later than the closing date.
4. USE OF DATA: Personal data which you provide when you enter this competition will not be used for future Microsoft UK marketing activity.
5. SELECTION OF WINNER: Three judges will select their favourite single caption from all the entries and the winner will be notified by email on 21 February 2011 by 6pm GMT. The winners may be required to become involved in further publicity or advertising.
6. PRIZE: The prize is one Microsoft LifeCam Cinema webcam and one Arc mouse. Prize as stated and non-transferable. No cash or other alternatives available. Microsoft reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. The prize will be dispatched within two months of the competition’s closing date. Prize may be considered a taxable benefit and the winner will be directly responsible for accounting for any tax liability arising on their prize.
7. WINNERS LIST: The winner consents to their surname being made publicly available. The winner’s surname will be available for a period of 3 weeks after the closing date by emailing email@example.com.
8. OTHER: No correspondence will be entered into regarding either this competition or these Terms and Conditions. In the unlikely event of a dispute, Microsoft’s decision shall be final. Microsoft reserves the right to amend, modify, cancel or withdraw this competition at any time without notice.
9. Microsoft cannot guarantee the performance of any third party and shall not be liable for any act or default by a third party. Participants in this promotion agree that Microsoft will have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, costs, damage or disappointment of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly from acceptance, misuse or use of a prize, or from participation in this promotion. Nothing in this clause shall limit Microsoft’s liability in respect of death or personal injury arising out of its own negligence or arising out of fraud.
Got it passed security. Opps got the wrong ring (USB 3.0 stick), I thought you got ports.
t : sumithpdd
e : firstname.lastname@example.org
I need to leave at 3 today will you promise not to crash at 2:58 if i give you this Arc Mouse?
"We have been stable for some time now, you are my iMate, "cross-over" to married life and then you can come and crash at my place.
After hearing what happened to SkyNet, windows azure takes an altogether different approach.
I'd have asked you by e-mail but your best friend is being upgraded.
"♥ Dell PowerEdge and Nerd are now in a relationship."
Servers, we've been through a lot recently and I think the time is right... Will you Azure me that this relationship will work?
This ring really is 18GB gold!
"Thanks to regular therapy, Bob had learned to successfully manage his objectophilia so that it didn't interfere with his day-to-day job."
Roses are red
You look great in black
Please be mine forever
(Now can I touch your rack?)
"Well,with a Dongle that size I don`t think this relationship is going to go much further."
'Please marry me, others maybe bi, but I am just a binary guy'