Keep track of all the latest news and events on developer tools and technologies you care about
If you are a UK developer looking to take advantage of cloud computing, but you haven’t yet taken the plunge, this free half-day of training is the quickest way to get up-to-speed with Microsoft’s offering; Windows Azure. We’ll take you from knowing nothing about the cloud to actually having written some code, deployed it to the cloud service and made a simple application available on the public Internet. You’ll get all the information you need to get up to speed with Windows Azure in a packaged and compressed form, ready for your consumption, without having to trawl through books, blogs and articles on your own. There will be experienced people available to guide you through each exercise. Once you have the basics in place, you’ll be off and running.
To get your applications running, you’ll need an Azure subscription, so we’ll issue you with a special free pass that will entitle you to 4 compute instances, 3 GB of storage, 2 * 1GB Web Edition databases and more. You’ll be able to do some quite elaborate learning and testing even after you’ve left the training course. You do not need a credit card to activate this free pass.
· A wireless-enabled laptop with either Visual Web Developer Express or Visual Studio 2010 installed along with the Windows Azure SDK and Tools version 1.4 (including the SDK pre-requisites):
· NET Framework 3.5 SP1
· IIS 7.0 (with ASP.NET, WCF HTTP Activation, Static Content, IIS Management Console and optionally CGI)
· Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 or Microsoft SQL Server Express 2008 R2 or Microsoft SQL Server 2008 or Microsoft SQL Server Express 2005
· Bring the power supply, you will be using the laptop all day.
· A basic knowledge of programming concepts and familiarity with Visual Studio
· A basic knowledge of web-programming and how Internet applications work
· An understanding of the Microsoft web-stack (Windows Server, IIS, basic security etc.)
When you walk away from this bootcamp, you can either de-activate the Azure application before you leave, or leave it running so that when you get home you can continue with your Windows Azure coding adventures. In any case you will walk away with the code you’ve written on your laptop and an ability to modify it, test it locally on your laptop and deploy it to your free Windows Azure subscription any time you choose.
4 hours; half a day:
To register go to one of these URLs:
Event: UK Tech Days 2011 - Windows Azure Bootcamp (1032481491 – 4th May 2011, AM) Location: Thames Valley Park, Reading, UK
Event: UK Tech.Days 2011 - Windows Azure Bootcamp (1032481495 – 4th May 2011, PM) Location: Thames Valley Park, Reading, UK
Event: UK Tech Days 2011 - Windows Azure Bootcamp (1032481492 – 12th May 2011, AM) Location: Thames Valley Park, Reading, UK
Event: UK Tech.Days 2011 - Windows Azure Bootcamp (1032481496 – 12th May 2011, PM) Location: Thames Valley Park, Reading, UK
Event: UK Tech.Days 2011 - Windows Azure Bootcamp (1032481635 – 27th May 2011, AM) Location: Cardinal Place, London, UK
Event: UK Tech.Days 2011 - Windows Azure Bootcamp (1032482519 – 27th May 2011, PM) Location: Cardinal Place, London, UK
Planky – GBR-257
on your newsletter, you mention that you will do a bootcamp on Azure in Reading on the 27th. I can't see it here.
Let me know who's right who's wrong
Hmm half right, half wrong - the bootcamps are running on 27th morning and afternoon, but the venue is London, as stated above. Hope you can join us.
Sorry to confuse.