Keep track of all the latest news and events on developer tools and technologies you care about
What is Clippy saying?
To close out the year we're running a caption competition to win your very own Windows Phone. We’ve resurrected the wonderful Clippy who of course is probably saying something extremely witty and amusing. All you need to do is think what he could be saying and send us the caption in the comments section in this blog post. The caption that makes us giggle most will win a Windows Phone 7 HTC HD7 device, it’s as simple as that. You’ll need to post your entry in the comments section on this post by 5pm on Thursday 5 January (that’s 2012, people!), and we’ll let the winner know before the end of the day on Friday 6 January. Just make sure you have a good look at the competition rules below before you get your thinking cap on.
Go on - have some fun!
Windows Phone 7 Caption Competition Terms and Conditions
1. ELIGIBILITY: This competition is open to UK residents who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of Microsoft or its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising or promotion agencies are not eligible, nor are members of these employees’ families (defined as parents, children, siblings, spouse and life partners).
2. TO ENTER: To enter post your photo caption for the featured photo in the UK MSDN Blog comments box. The person submitting the funniest caption, as selected by three judges, will win a Windows Phone 7 device. Only one entry per person will be accepted. Incomplete, damaged, defaced or illegible entries may be deemed invalid at the sole discretion of Microsoft. Entry constitutes full and unconditional acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Microsoft reserves the right to disqualify anyone in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
3. TIMING: This competition runs from 2.30pm GMT Thursday 22 December 2011. The closing date of this competition is 5pm GMT Thursday 5 January 2012. Completed entries must reach Microsoft no later than the closing date.
4. USE OF DATA: Personal data which you provide when you enter this competition will not be used for future Microsoft UK marketing activity.
5. SELECTION OF WINNER: Three judges will select their favourite single caption from all the entries and the winner will be notified by email on 6th January 2012 at Microsoft campus. The winners may be required to become involved in further publicity or advertising.
6. PRIZE: The prize is one Windows Phone 7 HTC HD7 device with an estimated retail price of £400.00. Prize as stated and non-transferable. No cash or other alternatives available. Microsoft reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. The prize will be dispatched within two months of the competition’s closing date. Prize may be considered a taxable benefit and the winner will be directly responsible for accounting for any tax liability arising on their prize.
7. WINNERS LIST: The winner consents to their surname being made publicly available. The winner’s surname will be available for a period of 3 weeks after the closing date by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
8. OTHER: No correspondence will be entered into regarding either this competition or these Terms and Conditions. In the unlikely event of a dispute, Microsoft’s decision shall be final. Microsoft reserves the right to amend, modify, cancel or withdraw this competition at any time without notice.
9. Microsoft cannot guarantee the performance of any third party and shall not be liable for any act or default by a third party. Participants in this promotion agree that Microsoft will have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, costs, damage or disappointment of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly from acceptance, misuse or use of a prize, or from participation in this promotion. Nothing in this clause shall limit Microsoft’s liability in respect of death or personal injury arising out of its own negligence or arising out of fraud.
Looks like your trying to win a competition.
Would you like help?
- Get help with a obvious and witty comment
- Just type the comment without help and hope for the best
Can someone help me? Im looking for office 2012.
After Microsoft sacked me from the office, I started working here.
Happy New Year, 2007!
I can come out now... right?
Can anyone hepl me? Im looking for Office 2012
If I'm this big you have the screen resolution set way too low!
looks like i have been clipped at the post again
"Coming this Summer, the people who brought you the terrifying "Dear Clippy" and "Clippy Melts",
Bring you an all new installment of terror, the trilogy is complete.
CLIPPY IN 3D
Believed to have been finally put to rest at the end of "Clippy Melts" when an ingenious group of computer programmers finally halted this madmans approach to Windows Office, cower in terror at the realization that now, he is back, and in 3D.
"I'll be Back..................to help you write a letter"
Coming soon January 2012
I wish I could cross my fingers for good luck.
It looks like you're trying to write a caption. I can help you with that.
Would you like to:
A) enter an original, witty, winning caption.
B) enter an unoriginal, unwitty, probably non-winning caption
/me selects B.
"So, how did that letter you were writing turn out? Poorly formatted? Did you ever work out the keyboard shortcut for save? Just think how much time I could have saved you when you didn't understand Ribbon. It looks like you are trying to apologise, would you like some help with that?"
"You want ketchup on your fries?"
Ha not so easy to hide now am I! mwahahaha
Sorry, Office Assistant couldn't find "JOY", would you like to animate me ?
Ha just try and hide me now! Mwahahaha