We are now just a few days away from the planned release of Service Pack 1 for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009.
I want to take this opportunity to remind you of the importance of this release for our customers, and our business in FY10, and to ensure that you are making use of the readiness materials that are available to you to support this release now.
The planned release of Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 SP1 in 16 localized country versions (+ W1) on September 1st is a major achievement that will deliver on our ongoing commitment to product quality and continued innovation.
In response to early adopter feedback on Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 from our TAP and BAP programs, we have included 79 new features in support of our three main investments areas around customer productivity, partner productivity, and quality.
For example, by implementing a number of keyboard accelerators, re-factoring many “matrix” forms, and adding significant personalization enhancements, your customers will see improvements in user experience and overall business productivity. And by incorporating Microsoft Dynamics Online Connect directly in Role Centers, we will help your customers get more for their BREP investments.
And for you, our partners, we have improved the development experience of pages with a page design wizard and a seamless “edit-and-run” scenario, as well as giving you a powerful mechanism for differentiating your add-on solutions and driving competitive advantage with Client Extensibility.
The initial release of Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 in December 2008 marked a major milestone in the product’s evolution, introducing significant user experience and technology breakthroughs – including the implementation of the Role Tailored Client - while remaining true to its core values of simplicity, end-to-end functionality, ease of maintenance and use, adaptability, and international scope.
Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 SP1 builds on all the innovations that were introduced with Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009, and adds new functionality that can provide significant productivity improvements for customers and partners, as well as delivering enhancements and optimizations that reaffirm Microsoft Dynamics’ ongoing commitment to product quality. As such, this service pack release represents an important driver of the Microsoft Dynamics NAV business moving forward, and an opportunity to tell an even stronger Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 productivity story to your customers and prospects – to further increase Microsoft Dynamics NAV adoption and momentum in the market.
In short, Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 SP1 will help you hit the ground running as you plan your year ahead, and set your sights on your business goals for revenue, new customer ads and existing customer upgrades.
Ready Your Organization Now!
If you have not already done so, now is the time to ensure that you and your colleagues are familiar with the scope and scale of the release, and are aware of the materials that are available and planned to help you use SP1 as the catalyst to drive an even greater market adoption of Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009.
· The Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 Statement of Direction Package contains valuable information about Service Pack 1 and the future direction of Microsoft Dynamics NAV, including a clear roadmap of investment through 2017
· See more details of Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 SP1, including key enhancements on the Partner Launch Portal
· The Microsoft Dynamics NAV General Session presentation recording from WPC 2009 - including valuable SP1 content
· Access the recorded series of Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 SP1 Hot Topic Web Seminars, covering key areas of product application functionality and technical enhancements. Additional Web Seminars will be made available as they are completed as “On Demand” events through the Partner Learning Center. Currently available recordings are:
· Download the Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 Service Pack 1 Community Technical Preview (CTP) VPC. The CTP release is a package containing a virtual PC (VPC) image of the W1 version of Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 SP1 and a set of documents supporting the release. A Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 SP1 RTM VPC is planned for availability soon after the SP1 release.
· View the planned release schedule per country for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 SP1 here
A number of new and updated product materials and demo tools will be made available to support the Service Pack release after availability. We will continue to update you on new materials as they become available on the Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 Partner Launch Portal.