Are you a startup?
Get BizSpark cloud access
Get up to $3,700 of cloud benefits
Don’t have MSDN?
Here’s cloud access
Window Server “Longhorn” Training Event (Redmond, WA)
Microsoft is preparing to release the next generation Windows Server platform for your needs and those of your customers, and we want to enable you to take advantage of it. We invite you to learn about this next-generation application platform and how your company can gain significant competitive advantage from the innovations in Windows Server code named “Longhorn”.
As a participant in our Windows Server “Longhorn” early adoption programs (Ascend and Touchdown), we’re offering you a unique opportunity to attend a 4-day training event on the Microsoft campus in Redmond, Washington. Conducted by Microsoft subject matter experts, this training incorporates in-depth presentations, hands-on labs, and demonstrations featuring the technologies incorporated in Windows Server “Longhorn”. During the course of the training, you’ll have a chance to interact with the Microsoft product team and technical evangelists and to network with your peers from around the world.
There is no fee to attend this training; however, you will be responsible for your own travel and hotel arrangements and costs. Registration is open to all partners enrolled in Windows Server “Longhorn” Ascend and Touchdown and is on a first-come, first-served basis. So please review the details and topics below – then, log on to Airframe at www.msairframe.com to register and reserve your seat today!
This is a fast-paced, four-day course designed for experienced software developers and solution architects.
City: Redmond, WA
Date: Monday, February 26th – Thursday, March 1
Time: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. each day
Location: Microsoft, Building 20 – Thunder, 1 Redmond Way, Redmond, WA 98052
Contact: Lauren Burton (email@example.com)
In addition to individual technology comprehension, this training course offers an end-to-end view of these technologies, showing how they have been designed to work together to obtain dramatically improved results when building distributed applications.
Here’s a brief overview of the training topics:
· What’s New in Windows Server “Longhorn” for Developers
· Lap Around the Application Server
· Lap Around IIS7
· Lap Around Management
· Lap Around the Fundamentals
· Server Platform Roadmap
· Windows Communication Foundation
· Windows Workflow Foundation
· Windows Eventing & Performance Counters
· Windows CardSpace
· Windows Virtualization
· Compute Cluster Edition
· Transaction File System
What are the requirements of attending?
· Your company is enrolled in either the Windows Server "Longhorn" Ascend or Touchdown programs and you have profiled your application in Airframe.
· Attendees are expected to have experience with Visual Studio and the Microsoft .NET Framework. They are also expected to be proficient in the C# programming language.
· No more than 1 person per company is permitted to attend.
· Additional registrants from the same company will be placed on the waitlist; remaining seats will be released 10 days prior to the event start date.
· Attendees are responsible for travel and hotel arrangements and costs.
Please contact Lauren Burton (firstname.lastname@example.org).