Are you a startup?
Get BizSpark cloud access
Get up to $3,700 of cloud benefits
Don’t have MSDN?
Here’s cloud access
With the Smart Client Software Factory – May 2007 release, architects and developers can quickly incorporate many of the proven practices and patterns found while building enterprise, custom developed line of business windows applications using the .NET Framework version 2.0.
These applications have one or more of the following characteristics:
· They have a rich user interface that takes advantage of the power of the Microsoft Windows desktop.
· They connect to multiple back-end systems to exchange data with them.
· They present information coming from multiple and diverse sources through an integrated user interface, so the data looks like it came from one back-end system.
· They take advantage of local storage and processing resources to enable operation during periods of no network connectivity or intermittent network connectivity.
· They are easily deployed and configured.
MSDN site: http://msdn.microsoft.com/smartclientfactory
Community Site: http://www.codeplex/smartclient
SCSF Contrib site: http://www.codeplex/scsfcontrib
The latest entry in this series is here . My initial intent for this entry was to use the Patterns and